How to start your chainsaw?
Incredible but true: “how to start a chainsaw ” is a common question asked by chainsaw users. In this guide, we’ve put together some tips on how to prepare your chainsaw.
There are two correct ways to start your chainsaw: on the ground or with the device between your legs. Whichever method you choose, remember that the chain brake must always be applied. Many models of chainsaws can be started in a position called half-acceleration. If the brake is not applied when starting one of these models, the chain may rotate.
Starting the cold engine
- Engage the chain brake.
- If the model is equipped with a decompression control, press it.
- Activate the starter. If the chain saw is equipped with an air purge / fuel pump, press the pump several times until the fuel is visible inside and, therefore, enters the carburetor.
- Chainsaw Start: Place your right foot in the back handle and hold the front handle firmly with your left hand. Chainsaw start wedged between the legs: place the rear handle between your thighs and behind the right knee. Hold the front handle firmly with your left hand.
- Pull the starter’s handle with your right hand. Repeat until the engine starts.
- Push the choke (half acceleration) and pull until the chainsaw starts.
- Speed up for the engine to idle, then release the chain brake.
Starting the hot engine
When the engine is hot, it starts without the choke. Follow the instructions above, ignoring the choke points, however. If the engine does not start well, apply half acceleration. You can access the half-throttle function by fully activating the choke and then rolling the control back.